Yield: 2 cups (500 ml)
Time: 10 minutes
A good homemade Blue Cheese salad dressing beats anything you can find in a store. The blue cheese adds an intriguing note to the dressing’s creamy texture.
- Yolks from 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice or to taste
- 1 tsp prepared mustard
- 1 1/2 cups (355 ml) vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp beer
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire Sauce or to taste
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp hot pepper sauce or to taste
- 2 oz (60 g) blue cheese, crumbled
Put yolks, lemon juice and mustard in small bowl. Beat with electric mixer or a whisk until lemon-colored. Beating constantly add 1/4 cup oil a few drops at a time; add remaining oil in a slow steady stream until sauce is thick as mayonnaise. Beat in beer, Worcestershire, salt and hot-pepper sauce. Stir in blue cheese.