Time: 15 minutes
A great meal that is easily thrown together in a couple of minutes. A perfect pick me up after a hard day’s work. Light, easy and an ideal treat for when you don’t feel like cooking. 15 minutes is all it takes. The best of all, people will think you went through a lot of trouble to prepare it. A sprinkle of Parmesan is optional.
- 12 oz (350 g) pappardelle noodles
- 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil plus 1 tsp to drizzle into the cooking water
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and finely minced
- ½ lb (225 g) young spinach leaves, washed and dried on kitchen paper
- 1 cup (225 g) creme fraiche
- ½ lemon juiced and zested
- ¾ cup (170 g) sliced smoked salmon cut into wide strips
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tsp fresh dill, finely chopped
- Parmesan cheese, optional
Bring salted water to a boil for the pasta. Add a teaspoon of olive oil.
Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add garlic and spinach leaves. Saute gently for 1-2 minutes or just until the spinach wilts. Add the creme fraiche, lemon juice, and zest. Heat it through but do not let it come to a boil. Set aside and keep it warm.
Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and reserve some of the cooking water.
Return the sauce to the heat source. Add the pappardelle and smoked salmon strips along with some of the cooking water to thin the sauce a little bit if necessary. Add the fresh dill and give it a gentle toss to mix everything.
Serve it on warmed plates and enjoy it.