Yield: 4 servings
Time: 30 minutes
Mediterranean flavors come to life in this colorful salad. A great dish for entertaining. It can be made in advance and is even more delicious the next day. Serve as is or with an extra yogurt dressing on the side. A crusty French loaf is an ideal accompaniment.
- 1 1/2 lbs (675g) young green beans, trimmed and cut in half if they are too long
- 1 lb (450g) medium raw shrimps, peeled and deveined
- 2 Tbsp tarragon vinegar or white balsamic vinegar plus 1 tsp fresh tarragon
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1 Tbsp fresh chives, finely chopped
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 Tbsp chives finely cut
- 1 Tbsp fresh tarragon, chopped
- 1/2 cup (120ml) plain yogurt
- 2 Tbsp Crème Fraiche or sour cream
- 1 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp tomato paste
- 2 Tbsp fresh Italian parsley, chopped
Bring water to a boil in a large saucepan. Add salt and the beans. Cook beans until they are just tender, about 6-8 minutes. Take care not to overcook them. They will continue to soften during marinade time. Drain them under cold running water to arrest the cooking and keep the green color. Pat beans dry with paper towel and transfer them to a bowl. Set aside.
Bring enough water to a simmer in a saucepan. Add the raw shrimps, cover pan and simmer shrimps until they are opaque 2-3 minutes. Drain and let them cool. Add them to the beans.
In a small bowl whisk together the tarragon vinegar or balsamic vinegar and fresh tarragon, extra-virgin olive oil, garlic, 1 tablespoon fresh chives, salt, and pepper. Adjust the seasoning if necessary. Pour marinade over the green beans and shrimps. Give it a gentle turn to distribute marinade well. Let it sit for 30 minutes.
Whisk together the yogurt, Crème Fraiche, mustard and tomato paste. Stir in the chives, tarragon and parsley, salt and pepper. Serve alongside the salad if you like.