Preparation time: 30 min.
Mediterranean flavors come to life in this colorful salad. A great dish for entertaining. It can be made in advance, even more, delicious next day.
Serve as is or with an extra yoghurt dressing on the side. A crusty french loaf is an ideal accompaniment.
- 1 1/2 lbs (675g) young green beans, trimmed and cut in half if they are too long
- 1 lb (450g) medium raw shrimps, peeled and deveined
- 2 Tbsp tarragon vinegar or white balsamic vinegar plus 1 tsp fresh tarragon
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1 Tbsp fresh chives, finely chopped
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 Tbsp chives finely cut
- 1 Tbsp fresh tarragon, chopped
- 1/2 cup (120ml) plain yoghurt
- 2 Tbsp crème fraiche or sour cream
- 1 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp tomato paste
- 2 Tbsp fresh Italian parsley, chopped
Bring water to a boil in a large saucepan. Add salt and the beans. Cook beans until they are just tender, about 6-8 minutes. Take care not to overcook them. They will continue to soften during marinade time. Drain them under cold running water to arrest the cooking and keep the green color. Pat beans dry with paper towel and transfer them to a bowl. Set aside.