Preparation time: 45 min.
Sebzeli Pilav is a rice vegetable pilaf (aka pilav) from Turkey. If you cannot find Swiss Chard, use spinach instead.
- 1/2 lb (225 g) carrots, finely cubed
- 1/2 lb (225 g) zucchini, finely cubed
- 1 large onion, about 1 cup (225 g) finely chopped
- 1 fresh chili pepper, seeded and sliced thinly
- 2 cups (450 g) finely shredded Swiss Chard
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup (225 g) long grain rice
- 2 Tbsp raisins
- 2 Tbsp pistachio nuts
- 2 cups (500 ml) vegetable stock
- salt and freshly ground pepper
Warm olive oil over medium-high heat and sauté onion and carrots for 5 minutes. Add rice, zucchini and chili pepper. Stir until rice is well coated.
Add raisins, pistachios and hot vegetable stock. Add salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 10 minutes. Add the shredded Swiss Chard and fold it in carefully.
Simmer for further 10 minutes or until rice is done.
Serve it as a side dish or with a green salad and Creamy Cucumber Dressing as a vegetarian dish.