Preparation time: 15 min.
A simple salad, refreshing and so typical of the Provence. This dish can be prepared one day ahead. Kept refrigerated it is served at room temperature, ideal for parties.
- 1 lb (450 g) haricots verts or young tender green beans, ends trimmed
- 4 Tbsp (60 ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and cut into thin slivers
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup (240 g) cherry tomatoes – or use regular tomatoes, seed them and cut into long wedges
- about 12 cured black olives
I use fresh young green beans (haricots verts) and blanch them before sautéing.
Warm the olive oil in a large frying pan over medium-low heat. Add the slivered garlic. Just when the garlic begins to sizzle (it must not brown) add the haricots verts. Cook them, stirring slowly, for about 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground pepper. Set aside on a plate.
Add the tomatoes to the pan – if there is not enough olive oil left, add 2 tablespoons. Sauté the tomatoes until the skin starts to shrivel. Add salt and pepper. Add the haricots verts and the black olives to the tomatoes in the pan and mix it gently. Taste for salt and pepper and add a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.