Coconut and Coriander are a great addition when you want to add some flair to your plain rice. Great sidekick to any Thai curry.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
- 1 cup (225 g) jasmine rice
- 2 cups (500 ml) water
- 3 whole garlic cloves, peeled
- 5 cardamon seeds
- 1 Tbsp chopped coriander stalks
- 2 Tbsp fresh cilantro (coriander) roughly chopped
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut
Bring water to a boil in a saucepan. Add salt, the garlic cloves, cardamon seeds and the coriander stalks. Add the rice and bring it to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover it partially with a lid and cook for about 12-15 minutes. Just before serving remove cilantro stalks and cardamon seeds. Add shredded coconut and coriander leaves. Fluff it up with a fork and serve.