Preparation time: 20 minutes
Grilled slices of halloumi combined with a few roasted vegetables and tzatziki give this wrap an incredible ﬂavor that is hard to beat. Halloumi is my favorite grilling cheese. It softens rather than melts. If you want to obtain a nice outside golden brown crust, and a creamy inside, you need to keep the heat quite high, watch it closely it can burn easily. If you have extra time on your hands, roast your own veggies, other wise use quality bought ones. I also use my own Cucumber Yogurt (Cacik) instead of Tzatziki from the store.
- 4 thick slices halloumi cheese
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 Lavash bread or flour tortillas
- 2 home roasted red peppers or store bought, sliced
- 6 home roasted eggplant or zucchini slices or store bought
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and sliced
- 1 medium sized cucumber, seeded and cut into batons
- assorted greens
- 1 cup (240 ml) home made Cucumber Yogurt (Cacik) or Tzatziki sauce
- good handful flat leaf parsley sprigs
Grill your bread or tortilla wraps on a grilling pan until they soften and have nice grilling marks. Have them ready when needed. Line up your roasted veggies and tzatziki sauce. Set everything aside.
Use a preheated grilling pan with ridges. Heat it up to high. Brush halloumi slices with olive oil on both sides and sprinkle it with a bit of oregano. Grill halloumi for 4-5 minutes on each side keeping a close eye on them. Smear tzatziki on the bread, add greens and roasted veggies, tomatoes and cucumber. Place halloumi on top. Serve with remaining tzatziki on the side.