Preparation time: 20 minutes
The taste of Italy and Spain in a winning combination. A quick and easy pasta dish spiced up with Dry Spanish Chorizos and brightened up with shrimps and green peas. Instead of fettuccine, you can use tagliatelle – the only difference is the thickness of the pasta.
- 24 medium-size shrimps, 6 for each person
- 24 Dry Spanish Chorizo slices, 6 for each person
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 2 cup (450 g) peas, defrosted if frozen
- 6 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- red pepper flakes, to taste
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 3/4 lb (340g) fettuccine or tagliatelle
- grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
Bring water for pasta to a boil. Add salt and 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Saute Chorizo slices in a large skillet. When they begin to render some of its red colored fat, add shrimps, garlic, and peas. Cook, stirring occasionally until shrimps just turned pink. Keep warm while cooking the pasta.
Cook fettuccine or tagliatelle until tender but still al dente, then drain. Set aside a 1/2 cup (120ml) of pasta cooking water. Toss pasta with Chorizo- shrimp mixture, the remaining olive oil, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. If pasta seems too dry, add pasta cooking water little by little. Serve with grated Parmesan, if you like.