Serves: 1 1/4 cup
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Originally from the Canary Islands, this recipe is now popular all over Spain. Great on potatoes (Spanish are consummate potato eaters), roasted vegetables, fish, salads, soups you name it, you got it.
There are many variations of Mojo Verde. You can add other ingredients, like scallions, anchovies, capers, and mustard.
- 6 garlic cloves or to taste
- 2 cups packed (450 g) cilantro (fresh coriander leaves) or Italian parsley
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ cup (120 ml) extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp Sherry vinegar or lemon juice
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
Pulse garlic, cilantro (fresh coriander leaves) or parsley, cumin and sea salt in a mini-blender. With the machine running, drizzle in the olive oil and give it another pulse. Add sherry vinegar or lemon juice and pulse it shortly again. Taste for salt and pepper. If the sauce is too thick thin it with a bit of water.